Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Taxes, More Fun than Death

I did the first pass on our taxes last weekend and noticed either on the TurboTax or IRS website that you can now “get your tax rebate in the form of a Visa check card!”

This seems so funny and removed from the old-fashioned green paper check that SwingDaddy and started riffing on what other formats your rebate might take.

You can get your tax rebate as a voucher for the Holiday Inn!
Or get a free tank of gas!
A 2 for 1 coupon at Applebee’s!

Ah well, you had to be there.


mayberry said...

A Starbucks card. Definitely. Or maybe a couple boxes of wine.

Asianmommy said...

I would go for a free airline ticket! :)

Anonymous said...

That strikes me as supremely odd. I have a hard time seeing the Canadian government going for something like that, but maybe they'll surprise me and follow suit next year.

Bob said...

As long as it is not in the form of an IOU (California), it's OK.